ISPS CERTIFICATE COURSE
Starting Saturday 17th January, 2015 at CILT House, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi.
INTERNATIONAL SHIP AND PORT FACILITY SECURITY .
- To meet and match existing global vision for peace and prosperity.
- To equip with need of time for updating skills and knowledge.
- To sharpen skills in identification of threats to your ships & ports.
- Job orient and countable for promotion.
1. The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code is an amendment to the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) / IMO Convention . It prescribes responsibilities to governments, shipping companies, shipboard personnel, and port/facility personnel to “detect security threats and take preventative measures against security incidents affecting ships or port facilities used in international trade.” To safeguard our ports, ships and cargo from any terrorist attacks, it is imperative that all concerned are well acquainted and trained to prevent or tackle any unforeseen situation.
2. Realizing the importance and to achieve the objectives of the ISPS Code, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) has so far successfully conducted eight courses on ISPS Code to provide expertise and training to Management in Security, Counter-terrorist Methodology, Safety Awareness, Risk Management and Human Behavior & Psychology.
3. The Ninth Course shall commence w.e.f Saturday 17th January, 2015 at CILT House, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi (Tel: 34224334, Mob: 0321-8956386 / 0311-1606386 and 0332-3478789. The course duration shall be 2 days in a week (Saturday and Sunday) four hours from 10:00 to 14:00 hours (with a tea break and prayer). This duration enables the instructors to cover the ISPS Code in three modules thoroughly and the students to derive full knowledge about the security and safety measures.
4. Instead of merely lecturing by faculty member active participation by the participant is encouraged. Each participant gets a complete set of modules with kit bag which shall be used for course preparation and post course assignment & examination.
5. The facu
lty members are experienced and trained with proper aptitude for teaching. They have remained attached to the shipping and port industry and training for a long period.
6. Technical / Professional visit to Port Terminals & Project is a part of the course. The objective of visit is to view the practical aspects of the knowledge imparted during indoor study.
7. A fee of Rs.18,000/- (Rupees Eighteen Thousand only) per student (payable in advance) shall be charged. Registration form is attached herewith which may please be forwarded duly filled along with a Bank Draft or crossed cheque drawn on CILT Pakistan for the said amount and two photographs latest by 10th January, 2015.
For any ot
her information / registration or queries please contact or you may visit CILT House from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Pakistan
CILT House, Block – 6, Gulistan-e-Jauhar,
Near Rangers Workshop, Karachi.
M Aslam Azeem,
Manager (Admin), CILT Pakistan
Aneeq Alam, ISPS Course,